Zack's Custom Screener Help:
The Zacks Custom Screener contains over 145 items from the proprietary stock database from Zacks.com.
Here are some instructions on how to use the screener.
- How do I build a custom screen?
- How do I see additional data items after running the screen?
- How do I save the custom screen for future use?
- Why can't I get access data labeled
- How do I change the criteria in my saved custom screen?
- Do you need a more powerful screening application?
- How can I contact customer support for additional questions?
How do I build a custom screen?
1. To create a new screen click on the New Screen tab on the top of the screener.
2. On the left side of the screener, there are a number of category headings. Select a category and the data items on the right will change based on the category.
For instance, if you choose "Zacks Rank and Recommendations" as a category, you will see the right side of the page change to show all items that fall under "Zacks Rank and Recommendations".
3. Now let's say that the first item you would like to screen for is stocks that have a current Zacks Rank of a #1. First, choose "Zacks Rank and Recommendations" under the 'Select a Category' section. You will see 'Zacks Rank' in the left 'Select Items' tab. To the right of Zacks Rank is a dropdown menu for operator selection. Select "=" operator. To the right of operator dropdown is a dropdown with acceptable values for Zacks Rank. Select "1" from the dropdown menu. Then click 'Add'. See Below:
4. Point 4. You will see 'My Criteria' section appear on the screen. The 'Matches' in My Criteria provides number of tickers satisfying your search criteria. For Zacks #1 the number will be around 220-250.
5. You can refine your search and narrow the number of matches by adding new criteria.
6. You can see that by selecting different criteria, we were able to go from over 226 stocks down to just a few..
How do I see additional data items after running the screen?
1. After running the screen, you will have the option to choose additional data items that you may want to view for the stocks in result screen.
2. To add additional data items, click on the "Edit View" tab. Choose your additional data items and then click the "Run Screen" tab. Keep in mind, the original data items you used in your criteria will all be added to your Result automatically.
How do I save the custom screen for future use?
In order to save a screen, you must be registered with https://www.zacks.com/. You can quickly register by following the registration process once you click on "Save" in Result tab.
If you have already registered for a free Zacks.com account, make sure you login in order to save. Click on “Save” button to save screen.
To retrieve these saved screens for future use, log into the screener and access "My Screens" tab. You will see list of all saved screens. To view them, simply click on "Run" button next to the name of the screen and your saved screen will then open up results that pass your screening criteria.
Why can't I get access data labeled
How do I change the criteria and/or edit the report in my saved custom screen?
If you are in Result tab and would like to change the criteria by which you screened, click on "Edit Criteria" tab.
To view and edit criteria for saved screen listed in “My Screen’ tab, click the "Load" button.